School classroom presentations
Our Water Efficiency Supervisor Rick Schultz will come to your classroom and provide a 60- to 70-minute interactive presentation directly relating to several Earth Science Standards (fifth and sixth grade). These programs teach students about the water cycle and how it relates to Castle Rock. Students are able to not only learn about water as a resource but participate in hands-on activities for deeper understanding and relate that knowledge to where they live.
The presentation includes:
- The water cycle
- Where Castle Rock gets its water
- Groundwater and surface water-renewable and nonrenewable resources
- Stormwater and water quality - the impact of human civilization
- Importance of conservation - and our Town’s goal
- Students help build an aquifer in a fish tank
For questions to schedule a presentation at your school, please contact us.
Water Ambassadors in the classroom
Provided by South Metro Water Supply Authority, these K-12 presentations provide in-depth information about local water challenges and solutions by exploring how water moves and is captured for urban use both regionally and, specifically, here in the South Metro area. Presentations are designed for classroom-size groups and can be customized to complement classroom learning goals. All presentations are FREE. The Water Ambassadors Program is also happy to support special projects.
- K to 2nd grades: Water, Water Everywhere
- 3rd to 5th grades: Where Does My Water Come From?
- 6th to 8th grades: Natural and Urban Water
- 9th to 12th grades: Colorado Water